Sunday, February 5, 2012

TELL ME, JOHNNY WHAT DO YOU SEE ?



In the song "Mercy Seat" Johnny Cash sees "The face of Jesus in my soup". Well, I didn't eat soup today but I did have 3 epiphanies in the past 24 hours. The third was a message sent via my bacon studded Snickerdoodle.

 
The name Snickerdoodle may come from a perversion of the original Schneckennudeln. I don't know that "snail noodles" do a lot to describe this rather simple butter cookie laced with cinnamon and sugar. I do know and make Schneckennudeln though and can see where the taste may have morphed into the cookie if not the name. I added about a half cup of fried bacon to half the cookies thus becoming breakfast in a bite.



I see, a heart pounding out of the Snickerdoodle dough. No? But tell me Johnny, what do you see?


No comments:

Post a Comment